Much like the rest of the world, I’ve been blown away by the amazing athletes at the Summer Olympics. The amount of training, focus and hard work they’ve put in is really inspiring. I stumbled on a video of Bob Bowman, coach for Michael Phelps, Hall of Fame Coach, five-time ASCA Coach of the Year and a three-time member of the U.S. Olympic Team, discussing the Characteristics of Champions.
These characteristics won’t just help you if you are vying to be the next Michael Phelps or Simone Biles, but these are characteristics that you should employ if you want to be a champion in the real estate business as well.
- Champions have a clear plan for success for achieving their goals.
- Champions welcome challenges as a means to learn and grow.
- Champions produce normal and predictable performances in very abnormal and unpredictable environments.
- Champions rehearse success on a daily basis, mentally, physically and emotionally.
- Champions value the process of success more than any particular outcome.
- Most importantly, champions have a dream.
I encourage you to take the time to watch the full video.