Making sure you maintain connections with your COI should be the focus of your business, since your COI generates your referrals. The most rewarding gift to receive is a referral from a past client. Your business depends on it! Read on for tips on how to get the most out of your personal database.
- Make sure you have your contacts in a CRM, like through the Today Site, which is provided for free to all ReeceNichols agents. The Today Site has action plan templates for you to use to keep in contact with your COI and stay front-and-center. Group your contacts into categories, like Church Group, Facebook Friends, Family and Friends. Then, place your contacts on an action plan, even if it’s just the monthly newsletter.
- Utilize all the tools ReeceNichols provides, like My Neighborhood Report and Home Match, to stay relevant to your COI. By providing your COI with pertinent, helpful information, you ensure you stay on their radar.
- Pop-bys are a trusted staple in the real estate business, and for good reason — they serve as a fun way to catch up with your COI. The Help Site includes a ton of ideas — just search “pop-bys.” Check Pinterest or Google for even more creative ideas.
- Don’t hesitate to send valuable mailers to your COI, like Royals and Chiefs schedules or Market News cards. Watch your COI on social media, and send them personalized notes congratulating them on big events like graduation, a new baby or wedding. And don’t forget to farm neighborhoods with Just Listed/Just Sold cards or door hangers from Xpressdocs.
- Ask your clients to fill out a profile sheet when you first meet them. That way, you can send them a card on their birthdays and anniversaries.
- Send your clients a Closing Disclosure the following year for their taxes. Tell them why you sent them the CD, and give them a brief overview on the current market.
- After your clients complete their Real Satisfied surveys, call them to thank them for their feedback and to let them know you appreciate their time.
Keeping in touch with your COI is key as a real estate agent — completing these types of touches will always put you in front of your COI. Remember that face-to-face meetings are key too; relationships matter. Good luck, and go win those referrals!